In light of President Cyril Ramaphosa’s declaration of the situation as a national disaster, we believe that it is our responsibility to keep ourselves and the people around us safe in terms of managing the spread of COVID-19, as well as focusing on contributing to South Africa’s economic wellness by continuing to provide our value-adding home inspection services.
Here at Inspect-a-Home, we will continue operating at full capacity, and our Call Centre agents and Home Inspectors will continue to do so by making use of our existing online tools & systems, which enable them to operate efficiently and effectively during the course of normal business. We have also implemented various operational, health and hygiene measures to protect/safeguard our team, clients and our local community, in line with what was announced by the President.
Call Centre, Administration and General:
- All Call Centre agents and Administrators are working remotely from home. Our experience and investment in the tools and technology means we don’t anticipate any impact on our administration or customer support.
- We have encouraged our team not to embark on any non-essential air travel and to increase hygiene practices in and about their own homes.
Inspectors and inspections:
- All Inspectors are working remotely from home;
- With the implementation of the latest travel restrictions, they will refrain from meeting with any person / client that has entered or re-entered the country for a period of 14 days from entry;
- Our inspectors will refrain from undertaking any inspections, should they personally or their family be experiencing any cold/flu symptoms, or have any underlying health condition / compromised immune system. We have also instructed our inspectors not to interact with any clients if the client, their family or estate agent etc are experiencing any cold or flu symptoms, until the necessary medical steps have been taken.
If an inspection is being conducted, please note the following :
- Our inspectors have been instructed to avoid all personal contact and to remain at least 2 metres away from the client and family at all times;
- Our inspectors will have sanitizers, gloves and face masks and will make sure that these are used at the appropriate times. Should touching of an aspect eg: door handle be required, the required hand sanitisers /wipes or gloves will be utilised;
- Our inspectors will request any person at or visiting a seller or landlord’s property to make use of sanitizing products before entering the property, and to refrain from touching anything in the property;
- Business cards, paper and pens etc will not be accepted / given.
Thank you so much for your understanding and please join us by doing your best to stay healthy and to carry on operating responsibly and productively in these unique circumstances. We wish you health and safety during these trying times.
Download our “Don’t Panic” e-Book